Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default freeze pane for more than one row anyone???

Can anyone tell me how to freeze more than one rows in version 2007? It
allows only a single row on the top or a single rom and column top and left,
respectively. I want to freeze the top 6 rows... This was possible in
previous Excel version but not in this one.

HELP please!
--
Angela
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Angela,

Click on the cell below where you want to freeze the panes and on the View
Ribbon
click the dropdown beside freeze panes and select the first option (Freeze
Panes).

Regards,

OssieMac

"Angela1" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to freeze more than one rows in version 2007? It
allows only a single row on the top or a single rom and column top and left,
respectively. I want to freeze the top 6 rows... This was possible in
previous Excel version but not in this one.

HELP please!
--
Angela

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks OssieMac, it endedup working after several tries... for some reason
the option under "freeze panes" was not working for about 5 tries. I had to
restart the program. It is working now.

I have another question for you. In 2007 version I cannot find the "about
Microsoft" info under "help." When I wanted to chat with Microsoft they asked
for my product number and I tried everythign in my power toget to find it.

Where is the product number for the 2007 version?

The info they give about how to find it does not work for the 2007 version
on my computer (click on the MS Office icon --double click opens it, right
click does not give the options they want, and under "help" inthe open
programs I don't find "about" anywhere).

Thanks!
--
Angela

"Angela1" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to freeze more than one rows in version 2007? It
allows only a single row on the top or a single rom and column top and left,
respectively. I want to freeze the top 6 rows... This was possible in
previous Excel version but not in this one.

HELP please!
--
Angela

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Angela,

Click on the big Microsoft button (top left of screen.)
Select Excel Options (towards bottom right of dialog box next to Exit).
Click on Resouces (bottom of left column of dialog box.)
Click the button against 'About Microsoft Office 2007' (Last line)

Regards,

OssieMac