Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marisa

Default Freeze pane

I have a worksheet with 3000 rows and 20 columns for many users to access,
one at a time (not share file). The first row is the header and I have
applied auto filter so that the user can filter the relevant row for adding
data on the worksheet. I also set freeze pane on cell B2, so that the data
on the first column and first row are always visible when scrolling left or
scrolling down.
The problem I have frequently is that the freeze pane may be moved to other
cell, say B1000, without my notice. When the next user select the auto
filter on the header row, sometime they may not scroll the resulting rows
because the freeze row 1000 is beyond the display screen.
Any idea how the freeze pane position may change to another row? Whenever
this problem occur, I have to unfreeze pane, remove autofilter, goto cell B2,
select freeze pane to reset. But I want to find out the reason so that I
don't have to reset the freeze pane again and again.
Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Marisa

I may be totally off track here, but the magic number 1000 caught my
eye.
With Autofilter, 1000 rows is the maximum numbers of rows that can
display in the Filter.
Maybe, if you just chose DataFilterShow All, you would get back to
your normal freeze panes view based on row 2.
Just a thought.

I have an Icon for Show All on my normal toolbar.
Right click on the toolbar area, select CustomiseDataleft click on
Show All and drag it to your ToolbarClose

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Marisa" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete

Roger,

Slightly misleading terminology - it is the autofilter pull-down list
which is limited to 1000 unique values (fill a blank column with a
sequence 1 to 2000 then filter it to see), not the number of rows that
can be filtered, as you may have several duplicates of these 1000
values.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marisa