CraigMc

Default Freeze pane

Whenever I freeze a pane in Excel, it appears that it resets once I exit the
program. I have tried saving the spreadsheet and I have tried using save
workspace. Meaning: I create the freeze pane and it works fine while I am in
the existing spreadsheet. However, once I exit the spreadsheet and Excel,
then re-open the spreadsheet, the "freeze pane" has to be re-established. How
can this be fixed?
--
CMac
gearoi

That's just weird. I'd just redo the sheet or something. Sounds fishy to
me.

--
gearoi
gearoi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26576

Dave Peterson

This isn't usual behavior for just saving a workbook (I've never used that
workspace stuff).

Are you sure that you're saving the file and reopening the file you just saved?

Do you have any macros that run when you open that workbook?

If you save the workbook the way you like, then close excel and reopen it in
safe mode:

Close excel
windows start button|run
excel /safe

file|open yourworkbook.xls

Does it look ok?

If it does, I'd look for a macro that turns off freeze panes.