SidBord

Default Print Excel Comment Indicators

At times I would like to print the comment indicators on an Excel sheet, but
there doesn't seem to be an option to do that. I don't want to see the
comment on the printed page, but I need the comment indicator as an "alert"
to tell me that there is additional information regarding that cell. Is
there actually such an option that I missed?
Debra Dalgleish

There's no built-in way to print the worksheet with the comment
indicators visible. You could use programming, as in the sample code he

http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Indicator

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Jason Morin

In addition to Debra's solution, you could always press
F5, Special, and click "Comments" to select all cells
with comments. Then format the comment cells with a
particular color, pattern, or border to make them stand
out.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

At times I would like to print the comment indicators on

an Excel sheet, but
there doesn't seem to be an option to do that. I don't

want to see the
comment on the printed page, but I need the comment

indicator as an "alert"
to tell me that there is additional information

regarding that cell. Is
there actually such an option that I missed?
.

Dave Peterson

One more option if the worksheet is very small!

Select your range,
Shift-edit|copy picture|paste into a blank worksheet and print from there (or
paste into your favorite picture editor.)