Rob

Default Print Excel file to PDF

Hi,

Is there a VBA code, or a program whereby I can print an Excel file to a
PDF? (Maybe an add-in?)
I'd like to do it directly from Excel similarly to the way Word Perfect has
that option in the file menu if possible, but anything will be a help.
(I'm using Office 2000)

Rob

Gord Dibben

Rob

You could purchase Adobe Acrobat.

An alternative to buying Adobe Acrobat....

I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here
at Dale Nurden's site.

http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm

Saves first to single *.ps file which is then converted to *.pdf

Returns one PDF file from multiple sheets or selected sheet.

Adobe Acrobat has trouble with multiple sheets. From what I hear, AA saves a
separate file for each sheet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:58:46 +1100, "Rob" <NA wrote:

Hi,

Is there a VBA code, or a program whereby I can print an Excel file to a
PDF? (Maybe an add-in?)
I'd like to do it directly from Excel similarly to the way Word Perfect has
that option in the file menu if possible, but anything will be a help.
(I'm using Office 2000)

Rob

Rob

Thanks for that Gord, but I may have confused you.
My desire is to be able to firstly, print to Adobe Acrobat via a command in
Excel, I would like to incorporate a Print command within some VBA code to
find the Adobe Acrobat program so that it saves the Excel worksheet as a
PDF.
Can this be done using VBA?

Secondly, (if Adobe Acrobat is not installed)....
I have both Word Perfect and MYOB installed, and both of these programs
publish to PDF without having to install Adobe Acrobat, so I thought there
might be a way to do this in Excel as well (being a far superior program!)

Any ideas?

[...]

Rob

Ok Myrna, I get the point. It seems Excel is lagging behind some programs
generally considered inferior. It seems, in the world where I live and work,
PDF format is a vital part and, if Excel (and Word) doesn't include the
ability to save files in that format then I believe it needs to consider
that in the future to remain competitive.

Thanks for your reply.
Rob

"Myrna Larson" wrote in message
[...]

. ..