NANMAC

Default excel file deleted. Now howdo you delete file NAME

I deleted an excel file I had typed. Now I can't figure out how to delete
the file name. It still shows up when you click on open to see the files.
You can still open this but there is nothing there. Need to delete FILE NAME
NP

you can configure to show 0 files or open n files until disapear the deleted
file.

"NANMAC" wrote:

I deleted an excel file I had typed. Now I can't figure out how to delete
the file name. It still shows up when you click on open to see the files.
You can still open this but there is nothing there. Need to delete FILE NAME

Michael

Hi
TOOLS/OPTIONS/GENERAL
then either uncheck recently used file list or reduce it to 1 or 2.

HTH
Michael

"NANMAC" wrote:

I deleted an excel file I had typed. Now I can't figure out how to delete
the file name. It still shows up when you click on open to see the files.
You can still open this but there is nothing there. Need to delete FILE NAME

cdb

If you mean in the drop down menu when you click file, follow the other
peoples advice. If you mean when you click oopen it's still there, that's
because you will have deleted the contents of the file, but not the file
itself. To do this right click on the file in the open window (cannot be open
itself to do this) and then click delete.

"NANMAC" wrote:

I deleted an excel file I had typed. Now I can't figure out how to delete
the file name. It still shows up when you click on open to see the files.
You can still open this but there is nothing there. Need to delete FILE NAME

Tosha and I

"NANMAC" wrote:

I deleted an excel file I had typed. Now I can't figure out how to delete
the file name. It still shows up when you click on open to see the files.
You can still open this but there is nothing there. Need to delete FILE NAME

einahpets

My question is...I deleted a word file but it still shows up when i click
open file although i cannot get into that file. i just want to remove the
file name since the file itself has been deleted..please tell me what to do.

"NANMAC" wrote:

I deleted an excel file I had typed. Now I can't figure out how to delete
the file name. It still shows up when you click on open to see the files.
You can still open this but there is nothing there. Need to delete FILE NAME

Ken Wright

Depends what you mean really. Where are you seeing the file name? If it is
when you click on 'File' that you see the filename in your MRU (Most
rceently Used) list, then you can't delete it singly, but it will eventually
disappear as you open other files and it moves down the list until it falls
off.

If however you are saying that you still see the file when you do File /
open and then browse to a directory, then i would surmise that you haven't
really deleted it, so go into windows explorer and see if you can see it in
there.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03