Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default changing Y axis

Hi, I'm trying to do my first Chart. I would like to have the Y axis
divided as follows: 2,4,6,8,78.80.82.84.86,88.90.

The reason for this is that I am trying to plot 2 sources of data per
day. One will not go higher than 8 and the other source will fall
between 78 and 90. I want them on the same chart so I can compare
their relationship.I'm doing a simple line chart.
Is there a way to set the Y acis manualy? Also if this is possible I
wikll have 11 rows not the 10 rows the chart sets up automaticly.

I am working with excel 2003

Thanks Chuck
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chuck,

Select your second line, right-click it, choose "Format data series" then on the Axis tab, select
"Secondary Axis" under "Plot series on" Then the Y Axes for the two lines will operate
independently.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to do my first Chart. I would like to have the Y axis
divided as follows: 2,4,6,8,78.80.82.84.86,88.90.

The reason for this is that I am trying to plot 2 sources of data per
day. One will not go higher than 8 and the other source will fall
between 78 and 90. I want them on the same chart so I can compare
their relationship.I'm doing a simple line chart.
Is there a way to set the Y acis manualy? Also if this is possible I
wikll have 11 rows not the 10 rows the chart sets up automaticly.

I am working with excel 2003

Thanks Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote in message

Hi, I'm trying to do my first Chart. I would like to have the Y axis
divided as follows: 2,4,6,8,78.80.82.84.86,88.90.

The reason for this is that I am trying to plot 2 sources of data per
day. One will not go higher than 8 and the other source will fall
between 78 and 90. I want them on the same chart so I can compare
their relationship.I'm doing a simple line chart.
Is there a way to set the Y acis manualy? Also if this is possible I
wikll have 11 rows not the 10 rows the chart sets up automaticly.

I am working with excel 2003

Thanks Chuck- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the help