Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Setting macro security level to "low" permanently?

"Arobind" wrote:

Hi,
Whenever you open a new Excel sheet, the macro security level is set to
"Medium" by default. How can I set to be "low" permanently?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As one can see the problem, what is the solution to permanently set the macro
settings to "low" when it always reverts back to "medium"? I have tried on
numerous occcasions, without success, to set the level to low through the
Trust Center (Excel 2007 - Office Professional package). When it was loaded
on Windows XP, it set permanently. Seems my upgraded to Vista will not
allow. Any suggestions - or do I go back to XP?

"Bill Seaton" wrote:

"Arobind" wrote:

Hi,
Whenever you open a new Excel sheet, the macro security level is set to
"Medium" by default. How can I set to be "low" permanently?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the exact same issue. I am using my home computer (ie no IT etc..). It
is running excel 2007 on Vista. When I used to run my excel 2003 on XP, the
macro security setting would permanently stay at low. Now with Vista,
whenever I set it to low, it goes back to high whenever I re-open the
spreadsheet. Is Windows Defender doing this?

Some of my friends complain of the same thing. They have to keep going back
to the trust centre to lower the security settings. Often, they will open the
spreadsheet and try to run a macro. It will state that macros are disabled
and you need to change the security settings, close the workbook and re-open
it under the new settings.

Any solutions?

- Manny

"Bill Seaton" wrote:

"Arobind" wrote:

Hi,
Whenever you open a new Excel sheet, the macro security level is set to
"Medium" by default. How can I set to be "low" permanently?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Only way I could permanently make macros work was to set security to low and
kill off several of the trust center settings having to do with signatures.
Unfortunate that they only way to use macros in our current environment is to
wipe the security settings out essentially completely. Overzealous security
design gets immediately changed to "no security at all".