Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro Security to "Low"

Hello,

I have a lot of Excel files with macro inside. Is it possible to set the
level of Macro Security to "Low" once and for all (Excel 2002 SP3) ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As others have noted, it's easily accomplished. But I hope you're aware of
the risks - it doesn't afford you the opportunity to examine macros in files
received that you have no knowledge of. I personally keep my level in 2003
set to Medium, and put up with the extra key-click to open even my own files
with macros in them.

A couple of other things you might consider.

If your files have macros in them that you've written, consider creating
your own personal Digital Signature (search Excel Help and it'll tell how) to
sign your own project with, then you can set the trust level for your
signature so that those files will open without prompting while retaining
security notice for files received that aren't signed by you.

When you eventually (and I'm not pushing you to upgrad, just pointing out a
new feature of 2007) move to 2007 you'll find that you can set up trusted
locations (specific folders or networked locations) which are declared exempt
from macro security level setting, effectively turning it off/LOW for files
opened from those trusted locations.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I have a lot of Excel files with macro inside. Is it possible to set the
level of Macro Security to "Low" once and for all (Excel 2002 SP3) ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I read (all of) Nader's posts, I got the impression that he/she was
frustrated that the setting didn't stick--not that he/she didn't know how to
change the setting.

Just by the multiposts and the wording, the frustration level seemed be in a
higher than normal range <bg.

And at one of the other posts, he/she followed up with a question asking how to
update the registry.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I have a lot of Excel files with macro inside. Is it possible to set the
level of Macro Security to "Low" once and for all (Excel 2002 SP3) ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nader

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I went and looked at some of his others - begin to wonder if he doesn't have
a corrupted install of Excel now: Macro Security Setting doesn't stick, Excel
instances being left running after supposedly being closed...

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I have a lot of Excel files with macro inside. Is it possible to set the
level of Macro Security to "Low" once and for all (Excel 2002 SP3) ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nader

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Who knows???

But there have been other posts about how security measures imposed by the IT
department can stop users from saving settings--including security.

That wouldn't explain the instances being left open, though.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I have a lot of Excel files with macro inside. Is it possible to set the
level of Macro Security to "Low" once and for all (Excel 2002 SP3) ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nader

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Dave,

I tought about the "personal Digital Signature" for my macros but the think
is I only use my own Excel.

Thanks a lot for ur help!

Cheers,

Nader

PS : I'am a "HE"

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I have a lot of Excel files with macro inside. Is it possible to
set the
level of Macro Security to "Low" once and for all (Excel 2002 SP3)
?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nader