Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text turns into ####

I am using excel 2003.
I created a calendar in Excel. One month on each sheet. On one sheet,
I merged several cells together inorder to type a long statement. After I
typed the statement and clicked on another cell, my first merged cell turned
into all "#####".
You can see the words in the tool bar, but on the screen you can only see
#####.
The merged cell is formatted for text, left alighned, Vertical (top), wrap
text, merge cell, and left-to-right text direction. What am I missing to
make this right?

Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to increase the size of the cell. Either make the column wider of
the row deeper...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Aurora" wrote:

I am using excel 2003.
I created a calendar in Excel. One month on each sheet. On one sheet,
I merged several cells together inorder to type a long statement. After I
typed the statement and clicked on another cell, my first merged cell turned
into all "#####".
You can see the words in the tool bar, but on the screen you can only see
#####.
The merged cell is formatted for text, left alighned, Vertical (top), wrap
text, merge cell, and left-to-right text direction. What am I missing to
make this right?

Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike wrote on Fri, 2 May 2008 11:09:00 -0700:

You could widen the cell.

"Aurora" wrote:

I am using excel 2003.
I created a calendar in Excel. One month on each sheet. On
one sheet, I merged several cells together inorder to type a
long statement. After I typed the statement and clicked on
another cell, my first merged cell turned into all
"#####". You can see the words in the tool bar, but on the
screen you can only see #####. The merged cell is formatted
for text, left alighned, Vertical (top), wrap text, merge
cell, and left-to-right text direction. What am I missing to
make this right?

Aurora

I'm a bit puzzled because I did an experiment with text wider
than the cells. It was cut off where there was text in the
second column but otherwise spilled into it. I am using Excel
2002.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland