Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Text turns into ####

Select the offending cell and reformat it as General (not text).

Aurora wrote:

I am using excel 2003.
I created a calendar in Excel. One month on each sheet. On one sheet,
I merged several cells together inorder to type a long statement. After I
typed the statement and clicked on another cell, my first merged cell turned
into all "#####".
You can see the words in the tool bar, but on the screen you can only see
#####.
The merged cell is formatted for text, left alighned, Vertical (top), wrap
text, merge cell, and left-to-right text direction. What am I missing to
make this right?

Aurora

--

Dave Peterson