Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Numeric Data Entry problem

In a shared Excel spreadsheet, one users computer when he enters a number it
is displayed as the number divided by 100. So he enters 5, it is displayed
and recorded as 0.05. On my computer, I open the same file (shared) and
enter 5 in the same cell and it is displayed and entered as 5.
Any thoughts? I've worked with the format issue and the macros and have
found nothing that would cause this to occur.
--
NukeTony
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On your user's machine, click on Tools | Options | Edit tab and then
UNCHECK fixed decimal (about half-way down).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 2, 2:34*pm, NukeTony
wrote:
In a shared Excel spreadsheet, one users computer when he enters a number it
is displayed as the number divided by 100. *So he enters 5, it is displayed
and recorded as 0.05. *On my computer, I open the same file (shared) and
enter 5 in the same cell and it is displayed and entered as 5. *
Any thoughts? *I've worked with the format issue and the macros and have
found nothing that would cause this to occur.
--
NukeTony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In xl2003 menus:

Tools|Options|Edit tab|Uncheck Fixed Decimals.

It's nice for the accountancy types who don't want to waste time typing decimal
points.

NukeTony wrote:

In a shared Excel spreadsheet, one users computer when he enters a number it
is displayed as the number divided by 100. So he enters 5, it is displayed
and recorded as 0.05. On my computer, I open the same file (shared) and
enter 5 in the same cell and it is displayed and entered as 5.
Any thoughts? I've worked with the format issue and the macros and have
found nothing that would cause this to occur.
--
NukeTony

--

Dave Peterson