Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Saving Macro

Good morning, can anyone tell me how to save a Recorded Macro to be used
later on a different workbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

One way is to copy it to personal.xls which is a private and hidden workbook
that opens with Excel.

To do this open VB editor (Alt + F11) and look for personal.xls on the left
hand side if you don't see it tap Ctrl+R to open project explorer.

If it isn't there you need to create one and to do this follow the
instructions here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

Once you've done that copy your macro into a personal.xls module for future
use.

Mike

"whatzzup" wrote:

Good morning, can anyone tell me how to save a Recorded Macro to be used
later on a different workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You should save it to Personal.xls. This will be an option from a dropdown
list (Store macro in) when you start the recorder.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"whatzzup" wrote in message
Good morning, can anyone tell me how to save a Recorded Macro to be used
later on a different workbook.

Help with saving a Macro Keepsmiling1228 Excel Worksheet Functions 1 April 2nd 08 12:31 AM
Saving the Macro for all workbooks Pranay Shah New Users to Excel 7 July 19th 07 09:11 PM
Saving a macro Bill New Users to Excel 1 July 12th 07 08:53 AM
Saving with Macro mabbutt Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 11th 06 03:39 PM
Saving without Macro mrbalaje Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 May 6th 05 11:41 AM