Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with saving a Macro

Hi All, any help would be appreciated.

I'm new to using macros (Excel 2003) and I cannot seem to understand where
to save a macro so that is it accessible to me whenever I open Excel. I've
tried saving it in my personal workbook, but whenever I try to "view" the
visual basic language my macro seems to dissapear. My end goal is actually
to try to get a macro saved "somewhere" that is accessible to our whole
company to use if needed, but I'm lost as to where to even begin. I've gone
through the "record a macro" senerio 4 times now and still, each time I try
to "edit" the macro I lose it. Am I saving when I shouldn't be? or Not
saving. Any help I try to look up on the webiste talks about Modules? What
is a Module? Am I creating the macro wrong all together?
Any help/answers are appreciated, but please be very basic in your
explanation, I'm very new to macros and the terminology. I have created them
years ago, but I'm very rusty and it never seemed to be this difficult in the
past.
--
Thank you,
Patty
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No matter which workbook you record a macto to, a Module will be created with
the recorded steps.

Alt + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor. CTRL + r to open the Project
Explorer.

Find your workbook with the macro(s) in it.

If you have recorded to Personal Macro Workbook then you should see Personal.xls

Expand that workbook to see the Module1 or Module2 etc.

Double-click on the Module to open for editing.

I would suggest for company-wide availability you copy all macros into a module
in a new workbook.

Save that workbook as an Add-in which you make accessible to all, either by
storing in a common location or distributing to work stations.

Don't mess about with others' Personal.xls files.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Saving a macro Bill New Users to Excel 1 July 12th 07 08:53 AM
Saving worksheets using a Macro lqfong Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 27th 06 01:10 PM
Macro to Automate Saving Rich Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 19th 06 09:26 AM
Saving with Macro mabbutt Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 11th 06 03:39 PM
Saving without Macro mrbalaje Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 May 6th 05 11:41 AM