-   -   Saving Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/184932-saving-macro.html)

whatzzup

Saving Macro

Good morning, can anyone tell me how to save a Recorded Macro to be used
later on a different workbook.

Mike H

Saving Macro

Hi,

One way is to copy it to personal.xls which is a private and hidden workbook
that opens with Excel.

To do this open VB editor (Alt + F11) and look for personal.xls on the left
hand side if you don't see it tap Ctrl+R to open project explorer.

If it isn't there you need to create one and to do this follow the
instructions here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

Once you've done that copy your macro into a personal.xls module for future
use.

Mike

"whatzzup" wrote:

Good morning, can anyone tell me how to save a Recorded Macro to be used
later on a different workbook.

Bob Phillips

Saving Macro

You should save it to Personal.xls. This will be an option from a dropdown
list (Store macro in) when you start the recorder.

--
---
HTH

Bob