Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is there a fix for the slowness in excel 2007?

I am about to go back to excel 2002 and dump 2007. It is much slower than
2002. My pc meets all the requirements and I even formatted the disc and
re-installed win xp pro. Is there a fix for this problem? thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There may be ways to improved Excel 2007 performance in specific cases
(e.g., http://www.rondebruin.nl/shape.htm) but it seems that in general
Excel 2007 is half as fast as 2003.

--
Jim
"excelfrustrated" wrote in
|I am about to go back to excel 2002 and dump 2007. It is much slower than
| 2002. My pc meets all the requirements and I even formatted the disc and
| re-installed win xp pro. Is there a fix for this problem? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. I am dumping excel 2007. It's a piece of junk as far as I am
concerned. I'm looking into other products.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

There may be ways to improved Excel 2007 performance in specific cases
(e.g., http://www.rondebruin.nl/shape.htm) but it seems that in general
Excel 2007 is half as fast as 2003.

--
Jim
"excelfrustrated" wrote in
message ...
|I am about to go back to excel 2002 and dump 2007. It is much slower than
| 2002. My pc meets all the requirements and I even formatted the disc and
| re-installed win xp pro. Is there a fix for this problem? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim Rech wrote:
There may be ways to improved Excel 2007 performance in specific cases
(e.g., http://www.rondebruin.nl/shape.htm) but it seems that in general
Excel 2007 is half as fast as 2003.

In other words, Excel 2007 is a half-fast product <vbg

Seriously, how large are your spreadsheets? I haven't noticed much
difference in speed between versions, but most of the spreadsheets I
work with are small, one screenfull or so.

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't have any long calcing workbooks although I can easily see when a 2
second calc becomes 4. My performance issues are with long running macros.
I have one that runs for 6 minutes in 2003 and 13 in 2007. Then there's the
issue I linked to in my first message.

--
Jim
"Bill Sharpe" wrote in message
| Jim Rech wrote:
| There may be ways to improved Excel 2007 performance in specific cases
| (e.g., http://www.rondebruin.nl/shape.htm) but it seems that in general
| Excel 2007 is half as fast as 2003.
|
| In other words, Excel 2007 is a half-fast product <vbg
|
| Seriously, how large are your spreadsheets? I haven't noticed much
| difference in speed between versions, but most of the spreadsheets I
| work with are small, one screenfull or so.
|
| Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Despite what Ron may say, taking this approach (not selecting objects before
editing them) in Classic Excel (97-2003) also results in improved VBA
performance. The improvement in Classic Excel is not as pronounced, but it
is still significant.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
There may be ways to improved Excel 2007 performance in specific cases
(e.g., http://www.rondebruin.nl/shape.htm) but it seems that in general
Excel 2007 is half as fast as 2003.

--
Jim
"excelfrustrated" wrote in
message ...
|I am about to go back to excel 2002 and dump 2007. It is much slower
than
| 2002. My pc meets all the requirements and I even formatted the disc
and
| re-installed win xp pro. Is there a fix for this problem? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Despite what Ron may say...not as pronounced

His stats bear that out so I don't think he disagrees with you.

--
Jim
"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
| Despite what Ron may say, taking this approach (not selecting objects
before
| editing them) in Classic Excel (97-2003) also results in improved VBA
| performance. The improvement in Classic Excel is not as pronounced, but it
| is still significant.
|
| - Jon
| -------
| Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
| Tutorials and Custom Solutions
| Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
| _______
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote in message
| There may be ways to improved Excel 2007 performance in specific cases
| (e.g., http://www.rondebruin.nl/shape.htm) but it seems that in general
| Excel 2007 is half as fast as 2003.
|
| --
| Jim
| "excelfrustrated" wrote in
| message ...
| |I am about to go back to excel 2002 and dump 2007. It is much slower
| than
| | 2002. My pc meets all the requirements and I even formatted the disc
| and
| | re-installed win xp pro. Is there a fix for this problem? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is true, but his stats come a bit further after he says it doesn't
matter in Classic Excel.

- Jon
-------

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
Despite what Ron may say...not as pronounced

His stats bear that out so I don't think he disagrees with you.

--
Jim
"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
| Despite what Ron may say, taking this approach (not selecting objects
before
| editing them) in Classic Excel (97-2003) also results in improved VBA
| performance. The improvement in Classic Excel is not as pronounced, but
it
| is still significant.
|
| - Jon
| -------
| Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
| Tutorials and Custom Solutions
| Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
| _______
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote in message
| There may be ways to improved Excel 2007 performance in specific cases
| (e.g., http://www.rondebruin.nl/shape.htm) but it seems that in
general
| Excel 2007 is half as fast as 2003.
|
| --
| Jim
| "excelfrustrated" wrote in
| message ...
| |I am about to go back to excel 2002 and dump 2007. It is much slower
| than
| | 2002. My pc meets all the requirements and I even formatted the
disc
| and
| | re-installed win xp pro. Is there a fix for this problem? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the same issues at Jon seems to have. If I understand what everyone
has written, there is no fix, 2007 is just half as fast as previous versions?