Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Paste EXCEL 2007 sheet into WORD 2007 - objects move around

Hi!

We have developed a number of standard datasheets that we use on a daily
basis in our business. The datasheets contain, among other things, logos and
certification texts. We recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2007,
and have encountered problems when copying the sheets into WORD reports.
After the upgrade, the images and textboxes of the sheets move about after
pasting into WORD, destroying the layout of our reports. We copy the sheet as
picture "as printed". Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any advice on
how to proceed?

Thanks,

Martin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Anyone?

An example of our problem: At the top of our datasheet we have placed a logo
at a specified position. We use shift+edit and select "copy image", "as print
result", and then paste the image into the WORD document. In the image of our
datasheet, the logo has now moved downwards and to the right, partly
concealing information in the data sheet.

Martin

"Martin L" wrote:

Hi!

We have developed a number of standard datasheets that we use on a daily
basis in our business. The datasheets contain, among other things, logos and
certification texts. We recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2007,
and have encountered problems when copying the sheets into WORD reports.
After the upgrade, the images and textboxes of the sheets move about after
pasting into WORD, destroying the layout of our reports. We copy the sheet as
picture "as printed". Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any advice on
how to proceed?

Thanks,

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First, the logo is as far up as possible to begin with.
Second, we also print the sheets directly from a printer, and create pdf's,
so changing the original layout is not a solution.

This is either a new layout problem with Office 2007, or a problem with
using Office 2000 files in Office 2007. Office never has been good at layout,
but it is always annoying when an upgrade leads to worse
performance/possibilities than before.

Martin

"Martin L" wrote:

Hi!

We have developed a number of standard datasheets that we use on a daily
basis in our business. The datasheets contain, among other things, logos and
certification texts. We recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2007,
and have encountered problems when copying the sheets into WORD reports.
After the upgrade, the images and textboxes of the sheets move about after
pasting into WORD, destroying the layout of our reports. We copy the sheet as
picture "as printed". Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any advice on
how to proceed?

Thanks,

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We finally figured it out. It would seem that Excel 2007 has a major WYSIWYG
problem, that wasn't there in Office 2000. Graphics inserted into a worksheet
will not move with the rest of the sheet when using zoom levels other than
100%, if you later try to copy/paste the sheet.

Anyone can experience this by simply inserting an image into a table with a
little "positioning data" (to be able to see the layout problem). Then,
change the zoom level to less than 100%, copy the sheet with "copy image",
"as print
result", and then paste the image into the sheet, or into a WORD document.
You will see that the objects have moved compared to the table data.

Hopefully Microsoft will fix this eventually, but until then, only use 100%
zoom level if you wish to copy/paste sheets with inserted images.

Martin