Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Paste link 2003 excel charts into word 2007

When we try to copy & paste link charts made in excel 2003 into Word 2007
the whole left side is cutoff. This is when using the paste special paste
link option & selecting Microsoft Office Excel object. When just accepting
the paste default it does not cutoff but is distorted. When using the paste
special paste then selecting Microsoft Office Excel object it does not cut it
off but doesn't appear to be linked. I thought the default paste is
paste/link now? Why doesn't these options work the same?

Converting the 2003 excel spreadsheet did not help.

Ultimately, Id just like to place a smaller version of these Excel charts
in Word documents, so that we could flow text around them or move them around
as we see fit without them being distorted.

What is the best solution?? Anyone know what in the world is making this
happen?

--
karen h
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I have encountered this same problem. For years, I have linked Excel charts
into Word documents in Office 2003. I am having the same issues as you with
2007. I will be watching for the answer to this issue. Thanks for posting.

Bruce Weinheimer
Austin, Texas