Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default using a date to default a picture within a cell

hello,

I have a project spreadsheet that has columns which pertain to critical
dates. Each row is a different project. so for each row, i have different
dates for start, finish, complete, etc. I have set up a calendar to the far
right for icons to appear as the dates are entered. right now, i am manually
creating icons and moving them around on the spreadsheet.

is there any way to enter the date in the row, and have an icon appear in
the appropriate column?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look at these couple of solutions.

Note: in both cases the jpgs must be stored on the same worksheet you are
calling from.

To have a picture show up when you select an item from a DV list or type in a
name see JE MCGimpsey's site.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

As written John's code allows for only one picture to be displayed.

Got to Debra Dalgeish's site for a sample workbook from Bernie Dietrick for
adding pictures to selections.

Alows for more than one picture to be displayed based upon a value.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DataVal

DV0049 - ClipArt Selection

Edit the code to suit.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP