Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel, how do I set up default comment containing picture?

I've tried right-clicking on the comment & selecting "set auto shape
defaults, to no avail. Is it possible to set up a default comment, containing
a picture, to save having to edit every comment?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you could just create your default comment once, then
edit|copy
edit|paste special|Comments
whenever you need that special comment.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried that a while ago & it didn't work. I can't remember what the problem
was, now. I'll give it another go.
thanks very much anyway.

pjk@boro wrote:

I've tried right-clicking on the comment & selecting "set auto shape
defaults, to no avail. Is it possible to set up a default comment, containing
a picture, to save having to edit every comment?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Or you could record a macro while you add the comment with a picture,
and run that when you need it. Put the code in a workbook that's always
open, and add a button to one of your toolbars, to run the macro.

Then, select a cell and click the button.

pjk@boro wrote:

I've tried right-clicking on the comment & selecting "set auto shape
defaults, to no avail. Is it possible to set up a default comment, containing
a picture, to save having to edit every comment?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The following code adds a comment with a picture in the c:\Data folder.
You could change that to the path and name of your picture.

'==========================
Sub CommentAddPic()
'adds formatted comment with picture
Dim cmt As Comment
Set cmt = ActiveCell.Comment
If cmt Is Nothing Then
ActiveCell.AddComment Text:=""
Set cmt = ActiveCell.Comment
With cmt.Shape.TextFrame.Characters.Font
.Bold = False
.ColorIndex = 0
End With
cmt.Shape.Fill.UserPicture "C:\Data\TestPic.jpg"
'==========================

pjk@boro wrote:

I've tried right-clicking on the comment & selecting "set auto shape
defaults, to no avail. Is it possible to set up a default comment, containing
a picture, to save having to edit every comment?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra,
I've copied your formula but when I try to run it, the apostrophe above the
line
"Sub CommentAddPic()" is highlighted & I get the message "Compile error
Expected End Sub".

pjk@boro wrote:

I've tried right-clicking on the comment & selecting "set auto shape
defaults, to no avail. Is it possible to set up a default comment, containing
a picture, to save having to edit every comment?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra/Dave,
Between you, you've made an old man very happy.
thank you both.
Peter