Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T2 T2 is offline

Default Adding a scanned physical signature into Excel

Hi all,
I have scanned in a hand-written signature to add to Word documents. I am
trying to add it to Excel, but would like to be able to put it behind the
rest of the text in the spreadsheet, so the white spaces around my looping
letters can be overlaid with the spreadsheet text. As it is, scanning it in
makes it a perfect rectangle. I don't get the option of send to back / send
backwards.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
T2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
not sure if this is what your after but try,,,
on the menu bar...
formatsheetbackground....brouse to your signature.

Regards
FSt1

"T2" wrote:

Hi all,
I have scanned in a hand-written signature to add to Word documents. I am
trying to add it to Excel, but would like to be able to put it behind the
rest of the text in the spreadsheet, so the white spaces around my looping
letters can be overlaid with the spreadsheet text. As it is, scanning it in
makes it a perfect rectangle. I don't get the option of send to back / send
backwards.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
T2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

T2 --

If you are inserting it as a picture, then you're probably seeing the white
part of the paper you scanned as a white blank, obscuring anything
underneath. To fix that,

* Open the picture toolbar (right-click on the picture, and choose 'show
picture toolbar')
* Click on 'set transparent color' -- it's the icon that has a diagonal
eraser pointing to a lower-left corner.
* Click on the color you wish to make transparent (typically, the white).

Should do it. You won't be able to click on the cells below the picture,
you'll have to start to one side and and move over into them to work with
them.

"T2" wrote:

Hi all,
I have scanned in a hand-written signature to add to Word documents. I am
trying to add it to Excel, but would like to be able to put it behind the
rest of the text in the spreadsheet, so the white spaces around my looping
letters can be overlaid with the spreadsheet text. As it is, scanning it in
makes it a perfect rectangle. I don't get the option of send to back / send
backwards.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
T2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T2 T2 is offline

That's it!! Thank you so much - it seems so simple now, I don't know how I
missed that- I tried EVERYTHING else!