Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Running Sum %

I can calculate a Running Sum in Pivot Tables. I can also insert a column
showing what percentage of the column total each line represents. However, I
can't work out how to show the running total %. My data is sorted so that
the largest value is at the top of the table. This represents 20% of the
total for that category i.e. the subtotal. The next row accounts for 14% of
the total. So, what I'd like to see is a column showing a cumulative %
against this second row of 34%. As we move down the table the percntage will
move towards 100%. After the subtotal the running % total will start again
from zero.

Can anybody help please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add helper column to source data:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3e4gm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Add helper column to source data:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3e4gm
Thanks for this. I got this far myself but what I'd like to see is the cumulative percentage i.e. values 51.4%, 70.5%, 82.1% going down the % column. This will enable me to quickly see that the top 20 products account for 80% of the sales.

Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Simply change the field setting from "Normal"
to "Running Total In..."
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3e60h
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Simply change the field setting from "Normal"
to "Running Total In..."
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3e60h

Thanks for this. It works. Unfortunately you calculation of percentage in
the data atble is beyond me. I need more training
Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here are more details on the % formula.
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3e79l
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Here are more details on the % formula.
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3e79l
So much to learn! Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the same problem. could you share your spreadsheet with me too?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 13, 5:16 am, mcquam wrote:
I have the same problem. could you share your spreadsheet with me too?

Limited shelf life:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1617226
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PJS PJS is offline

I can't seem to duplicate this on a different spreadsheet T_T
The formula seems to be designed to look at a specific range of cells?
I get an error message when I copy and paste the formula to another
spreadsheet with my own data.

Can someone please explain why this is so?

Thanks,

PJS

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

On Jun 13, 5:16 am, mcquam wrote:
I have the same problem. could you share your spreadsheet with me too?

Limited shelf life:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1617226

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, 26 March 2008 21:00:12 UTC+1, Charlie Bamford wrote:
"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Here are more details on the % formula.
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3e79l
So much to learn! Thanks

Dear Herbert,
I am having the same problem, but am unable to download the file.
Could you send it to me in some other way?

thank you very much in advance!

rgds,
THijs