Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PaulGG

Default Pivot table and running total

I have a table with Columns: Region, Client, Date, and quantity.
Using a pivot table I want to see per Region the quantity each Clients
bought or sold.
The problem I have is I can't figure out how to view a running total per
region.
You can view at this URL "http://members.freemail.ch/paulg/pivottable.gif"
a picture of how I would want to see it (in yellow) and the table it comes
from.
Actual data has at least 20 different regions and 60 or so clients.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

You could do a running total using Client as the Base field, to run the
total vertically, per client. The grand total for Rows would show the
overall running total.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PaulGG

Thanks for the suggestion but I want the grand total for columns to show the
overall running total. i.e. per month.
Is there any way to do this?