Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee lee is offline

Default Running Total in Pivot Table

I have a Pivot Table in which I want ot create a running total of costs over
several years worth of time. The problem I am having is that for each year
it resets the running total to zero and starts over again. Is there a way to
have excel not do this so that it carries the running total across several
years and keeps the running total going???

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It depends what you're using a base field, but if you're doing a running
total by year and month, perhaps you could add a new field to the source
data. In that field, calculate the year and month, e.g.:
=TEXT(A2,"yyyy-mm")

Add that field to the pivot table, and use it as the base field for the
running total.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right-Click on the sum of the Total Button, and choose Field settings
Click the Options button
From the drop down list "Show Data As" Select Running Total In
Base Field select the DATE click Ok.
Pick Up
: Excel Pivot Tables "Recipe Book" By Debra Dalgleish
--
William<"M"
Using 2007