Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Running Total in Pivot Table

It depends what you're using a base field, but if you're doing a running
total by year and month, perhaps you could add a new field to the source
data. In that field, calculate the year and month, e.g.:
=TEXT(A2,"yyyy-mm")

Add that field to the pivot table, and use it as the base field for the
running total.

Lee wrote:
I have a Pivot Table in which I want ot create a running total of costs over
several years worth of time. The problem I am having is that for each year
it resets the running total to zero and starts over again. Is there a way to
have excel not do this so that it carries the running total across several
years and keeps the running total going???

Thanks,

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures