Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Don't want to print colors

I use a lot of colors in my worksheet, but when it comes to print I do not
really
need them at all times.
Q : Is there a setting to print a worksheet that have colors but
getting a printout just with the context ( no colors ).
--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''''''''t know nothing.
I say : I don''''''''t even know, I don''''''''t
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab)
Checkmark: "Blank and white"
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Learning Excel"
wrote in message
I use a lot of colors in my worksheet, but when it comes to print I do not
really
need them at all times.
Q : Is there a setting to print a worksheet that have colors but
getting a printout just with the context ( no colors ).
--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''''''''t know nothing.
I say : I don''''''''t even know, I don''''''''t
know nothing.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Typo...
"Black and white" not "Blank and white"

"Jim Cone" wrote in message ...
File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab)
Checkmark: "Blank and white"
--

wrote in message
I use a lot of colors in my worksheet, but when it comes to print I do not
really
need them at all times.
Q : Is there a setting to print a worksheet that have colors but
getting a printout just with the context ( no colors ).
--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''''''''t know nothing.
I say : I don''''''''t even know, I don''''''''t
know nothing.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Real blindness has nothing to do with the person's eyes.
I've been looking all over the worksheet settings trying to find this answer.
Thanks a lot for your help and time Jim Cone.
--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''''''''t know nothing.
I say : I don''''''''t even know, I don''''''''t
know nothing.

"Jim Cone" wrote:

File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab)
Checkmark: "Blank and white"
--

wrote in message
I use a lot of colors in my worksheet, but when it comes to print I do not
really
need them at all times.
Q : Is there a setting to print a worksheet that have colors but
getting a printout just with the context ( no colors ).
--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''''''''t know nothing.
I say : I don''''''''t even know, I don''''''''t
know nothing.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Learning Excel" wrote in message
I use a lot of colors in my worksheet, but when it comes to print I do not
really
need them at all times.
Q : Is there a setting to print a worksheet that have colors but
getting a printout just with the context ( no colors ).
--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''''''''t know nothing.
I say : I don''''''''t even know, I don''''''''t
know nothing.

Two possibilities come to mind.

Save the worksheet
Highlight the whole worksheet (click on the box at the extreme top left) and
change the 'Fill Color' and 'Font Color'
Print
Close the worksheet without saving

Most printer software include an option to print in black only.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions