Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default viewing a list

When clicking on the drop down arrow of a "List" validated cell, I have to
scroll up to see the contents of the list because only the blank area "below"
the list contents apears first. How can I change the view to immediately
show the list contents starting from the first item on the list?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So if I understand your problem you are using a validation list. The list is
linked to a range of cells, lets say A1:A10. Only some of those cells are
populated, Lest say A1: A8. Because of this you have 2 blank entires in your
list. This means that when you display the list it starts at the first blank
in the lst which is the 9th entry.

Assuming that to be the case you want to use a dynamic named range. Check
out this link...

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/named.htm
=offset($A$1, 0,0,counta($A:$A), 1)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"rldjda" wrote:

When clicking on the drop down arrow of a "List" validated cell, I have to
scroll up to see the contents of the list because only the blank area "below"
the list contents apears first. How can I change the view to immediately
show the list contents starting from the first item on the list?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So if I understand your problem you are using a validation list. The list is
linked to a range of cells, lets say A1:A10. Only some of those cells are
populated, Lets say A1: A8. Because of this you have 2 blank entries in your
list. This means that when you display the list it starts at the first blank
in the list which is the 9th entry.

"rldjda" wrote:

When clicking on the drop down arrow of a "List" validated cell, I have to
scroll up to see the contents of the list because only the blank area "below"
the list contents apears first. How can I change the view to immediately
show the list contents starting from the first item on the list?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am able to view all contents from the range, but I have to click the up
arrow to scroll to the top of the list. So if the range is A1:A10, all cells
appear in the list, but I don't see them "instantly" because for some reason
the view starts at A11. I have to scroll up, which is another step that I
feal should be unecessary.