Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default viewing a list

So if I understand your problem you are using a validation list. The list is
linked to a range of cells, lets say A1:A10. Only some of those cells are
populated, Lest say A1: A8. Because of this you have 2 blank entires in your
list. This means that when you display the list it starts at the first blank
in the lst which is the 9th entry.

Assuming that to be the case you want to use a dynamic named range. Check
out this link...

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/named.htm
=offset($A$1, 0,0,counta($A:$A), 1)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"rldjda" wrote:

When clicking on the drop down arrow of a "List" validated cell, I have to
scroll up to see the contents of the list because only the blank area "below"
the list contents apears first. How can I change the view to immediately
show the list contents starting from the first item on the list?