Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Error Message in 2007

I've just started with 2007 and am getting an error message that I'd
rather do without:

A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references.

Verify that your formula contains a valid path, workbook, range name,
and cell reference

I've been in Excel OptionsFormulas and disable all options in the
sections 'Error Checking' and 'Error Checking rules' but this message
still persists.

Does anybody know a way to disable this message?

Regards,
JasonQ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This message has nothing to do with Excel's error checking feature. Rather
it is telling you that there is something fundamentally wrong with at least
one formula. It may be that what was a legitimate range name is now a cell
address given the larger grid (like "CAT1"), but that's just a guess. You'd
be better off finding the cause of the problem rather than trying to
suppress the warning.

--
Jim
"WhytheQ" wrote in message
| I've just started with 2007 and am getting an error message that I'd
| rather do without:
|

| ================================================== =====
| A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references.
|
| Verify that your formula contains a valid path, workbook, range name,
| and cell reference
| ================================================== =====
|

| I've been in Excel OptionsFormulas and disable all options in the
| sections 'Error Checking' and 'Error Checking rules' but this message
| still persists.
|
| Does anybody know a way to disable this message?
|
| Regards,
| JasonQ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And some tools that may help you find those invalid references...

Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

And I like Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

Since you're using xl2007, you may want to use its built in name manager:
Formulas tab|Defined Names Group|Name manager icon.

WhytheQ wrote:

I've just started with 2007 and am getting an error message that I'd
rather do without:

A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references.

Verify that your formula contains a valid path, workbook, range name,
and cell reference

I've been in Excel OptionsFormulas and disable all options in the
sections 'Error Checking' and 'Error Checking rules' but this message
still persists.

Does anybody know a way to disable this message?

Regards,
JasonQ

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look for formulas and name definitions that resolve to or include #REF!

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions