Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Error message when copying Excel Pie Chart to Word (in Office 2007

I am getting an error and Excel is shutting down when I try to copy/ paste
special (as a bitmap, or windows metafile, or picture, etc) a pie chart using
colored data labels for each part of the chart. If I turn off these label by
color boxes and just use a plain label or a lable with a line, the copy/paste
special works fine. These pie charts were created in Excel 2003 and then the
file was converted to Excel 2007 format. The Word version that I am using is
2007, but the file is still in compatibility mode with a 2003 word file. (I
also tried this using 2007 to 2007 type files and it gave me the same
(unreadable content) error and then it shut Excel down).

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be causing this or how to work
around it.