Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default linking sheets in the workbook and getting rid of the ZERO

Ok. I am thinking this is a format problem, but when I go to link sheets in
the workbook and copy one sheet to the other, I am getting a zero in the
columns. For example when I enter a number 3 on sheet 1 and want it to go to
sheet 2, no problem, but when I enter a number 5 cells below in the same
column on sheet 1, sheet 2 has zeros going from the previous number 3 down to
the rencently entered number. How do I eliminate this on sheet 2?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Two possible solutions. One is to change your formula to return a blank if
the precedent cell is blank. The other option is to format the book to not
show zeros.

1. Right now your formula looks like
=Sheet1!A1
Change it to
=If(Sheet1!A1 = "", ", Sheet1!A1)

2. Select Tools - Options - View and uncheck Show Zeros
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"mschulze" wrote:

Ok. I am thinking this is a format problem, but when I go to link sheets in
the workbook and copy one sheet to the other, I am getting a zero in the
columns. For example when I enter a number 3 on sheet 1 and want it to go to
sheet 2, no problem, but when I enter a number 5 cells below in the same
column on sheet 1, sheet 2 has zeros going from the previous number 3 down to
the rencently entered number. How do I eliminate this on sheet 2?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1) in a cell on Sheet2

keeps the cell blank until a value is entered in A1 of Sheet1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP