Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
S S

Default Linking sheets in the same workbook

I am doing an expenses summary on one sheet and the detail in another whats
the best way to link them eg

Sheet 1 grand total for expenses by month

sheet 2 Details of individual expenses by month and totalled at bottom
of column, this total I want to display in sheet 1 as the grand total.

Normally I would use `sum total` on sheet 1 linked to the total on sheet 2,
but I suspect this is not a good way to do this although it does work for
me.
Is there a better way to o this?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gilles Desjardins

On sheet 2 copy the total. On sheet 1, paste special, LINK. When the total
changes on 2 it will also on 1.

. uk...