Nate Walsh

Default Sum to Defined level

I was wondering how I could add a column of numbers up to a defined level
(250000.00) then add the remaining numbers in the column?
Max

One way to try ..

Assume the col of numbers is in col A, A1 down

Put in B1: =SUM($A$1:A1)
Copy B1 down

(Col B returns a cumulative sum)

Put in C1: =SUMIF(B:B,"<=250000",A:A)
Put in D1: =SUM(A:A)-C1

C1 returns the cumulative sum of col A
up to the defined level of 250000

D1 returns the sum of the remaining numbers in col A

You could also have C1 point to a cell instead
for the defined level, say to cell E1:

In C1: =SUMIF(B:B,"<="&E1,A:A)
where E1 will contain, say: 250000

--
Rgds
Max
"Nate Walsh" wrote in message
I was wondering how I could add a column of numbers up to a defined level
(250000.00) then add the remaining numbers in the column?

CLR

=IF(SUM(A:A)250000,SUM(A:A)-250000,SUM(A:A))

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3