Bill B

Default User defined charts- font size too small

I saved a user defined chart in Excel. The font size of the titles was saved
as 16 pt.

When I creste a new chart, using the same user defined chart, the font sizes
come up as 4 pt.

It somewhat defeats the purpose of having a user defined chart.

Any suggestions?
--
Bill B
John Mansfield

Bill,

Apparently Excel does not set the chart autoscaling to false before saving
the chart as user-defined. As a result, the chart font sizes appear to
change when the chart is saved to the file that holds the user-defined charts.

To prevent this from happening, activate the chart that you want to save as
user-defined by clicking on it. Then, run the following macro.

Sub DisableAutoScale()
Application.ActiveChart.ChartArea.AutoScaleFont = False
MsgBox "AutoScale Disabled"
End Sub

The macro will freeze the font sizes. Now, save the chart as user-defined.
The next time the chart is used, it should appear as it did when saved as
user-defined.

Alternatively, you can download a copy copy of John Walkenbach's Chart Tools
add-in. The add-in includes an option to freeze the text size of a chart.
It is available at http://www.j-walk.com/ss.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield