Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default referencing cells in different workbooks

HELP! I have two different workbooks, and I am referencing cells in one
workbook (call it test1) to another workbook (call it test2). I want the cell
in workbook test2 that contains the referenced cell from workbook test1 to
keep the same cell reference after I sort the workbook test1. For instance,
if the formula in workbook test2 contains ='[test1.xls]Sheet2'!$G$33, and
after sorting workbook test1 that same cell now is in,say G56, I want the
reference in workbook test2 to follow to the new cell adress in workbook
test1. What can I do to acomplish this?
--
jandrews
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

INDIRECT(ADDRESS(13,4,1,1,"test1"))

use the this function on test2 sheet,

Assuming you are looking for the result on the D13 cell of test1 sheet

the 13 on the function is the row
the 4 on the function is the column A=1; D=4

hth
--

regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"jandrews" escreveu:

HELP! I have two different workbooks, and I am referencing cells in one
workbook (call it test1) to another workbook (call it test2). I want the cell
in workbook test2 that contains the referenced cell from workbook test1 to
keep the same cell reference after I sort the workbook test1. For instance,
if the formula in workbook test2 contains ='[test1.xls]Sheet2'!$G$33, and
after sorting workbook test1 that same cell now is in,say G56, I want the
reference in workbook test2 to follow to the new cell adress in workbook
test1. What can I do to acomplish this?
--
jandrews

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

is the one you are looking up a table? then maybe you can use the VLookup
command. If they are numbers , then maybe the sumif?