Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

Default referencing cells in different workbooks

is the one you are looking up a table? then maybe you can use the VLookup
command. If they are numbers , then maybe the sumif?

"jandrews" wrote:

HELP! I have two different workbooks, and I am referencing cells in one
workbook (call it test1) to another workbook (call it test2). I want the cell
in workbook test2 that contains the referenced cell from workbook test1 to
keep the same cell reference after I sort the workbook test1. For instance,
if the formula in workbook test2 contains ='[test1.xls]Sheet2'!$G$33, and
after sorting workbook test1 that same cell now is in,say G56, I want the
reference in workbook test2 to follow to the new cell adress in workbook
test1. What can I do to acomplish this?
--
jandrews