Junior Member

Default excels slows when changing directories

I have been using Excel successfully for many years but I have come across a problem in the last few days. Since I have my pricing sheets in one directory and presentations in another, I am constantly changing from one to the other. Lately I am getting a 5-10 second delay each time I try to go from one to the other. How do I eliminate this delay and go back to the instant switching I was used to. I change from file to file by going to the "look in" window and switch from there. It used to just diplay the other directories and I would click on the one I wanted. Now the delay of 5-10 seconds takes places when I click on the "look in" space and then it gives me what I want after the delay. I would appreciate any help from anyone on this issue as it is costing me a lot of time and is very frustrating.

Thank You
Albert
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Albert

have you by any chance recently installed Google Desktop?
There have been many instances reported where this slows things down in
Excel.
If you have, try un-installing it and see if that improves matters.
--

Regards
Roger Govier