Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default RENAMING cells

I have a couple or so questions. I currently have a worksheet that contains
12 months of household budgets.

1) The upper left cell of each budget is has the following format: JAN-07,
FEB-07,...DEC-07 for date entered as 1/1/2007, 2/1/2007,...12/1/2007, Each
of these cells is appropriately named JAN07, FEB07,...DEC07.
QUESTION: I copied the entire worksheet. I have changed the year to
reflect the upcoming year month/year for each cell. However, I am unable to
rename the cells to JAN08, FEB08, etc. How do I accomplish this?

Utimately, I would like to have a macro that would "set" certain information
to reflect the appropriate year. If you can provide a macro for renaming, I
will adjust the cell reference. You can use A1:A12 in your example. I would
also like to change the year in the new worksheet to the upcoming year, ie
2008 in each of the 12 budgets using the format JAN-YY for date entered
mm/dd/yyyy using a macro without having to FIND/REPLACE.

2) Each monthly budget has three commandbuttons associated with it. I
noticed that after I copied the worksheet and renamed the worksheet, ie 2008,
the code for the command buttons did not have to be adjusted to reflect a
different worksheet. I figure that the command buttons are grouped according
to worksheet and only reference the information on that worksheet unless
otherwise programmed. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Les
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1) Why don't you name them Jan, Feb, etc., forget the year. You can create
worksheet specific names by preceding the name with the sheet name when
creating, e.g. Sheet1!Jan.

--
---
HTH