gsimmons2005

Default Renaming Cells linked to Pivot Tables

Hey guys,

Is there a way to rename the field heading that are linked to the
pivot tables, so when I click update data, it just takes on the new
name.

Right now if I just rename the heading, the pivot falls apart....

any ideas? Thanks!

--
gsimmons2005
gsimmons2005's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26385

Chris Segrave

click on the title of the row/column in the pivot (so the data is not
highlighted) and change it in the formula bar...

or is that what you mean by the heading???

"gsimmons2005" wrote:

Hey guys,

Is there a way to rename the field heading that are linked to the
pivot tables, so when I click update data, it just takes on the new
name.

Right now if I just rename the heading, the pivot falls apart....

any ideas? Thanks!

--
gsimmons2005
gsimmons2005's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26385
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=466893

gsimmons2005

I want to change the original cells that the pivots are linked to.

IE.

Dog is a heading with
1
12
3

pivot will use this, but once I rename Dog it goes to hell, can I
rename the original and keep the pivot in tack?