Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WLMPilot WLMPilot is offline

Default RENAMING cells

I have a couple or so questions. I currently have a worksheet that contains
12 months of household budgets.

1) The upper left cell of each budget is has the following format: JAN-07,
FEB-07,...DEC-07 for date entered as 1/1/2007, 2/1/2007,...12/1/2007, Each
of these cells is appropriately named JAN07, FEB07,...DEC07.
QUESTION: I copied the entire worksheet. I have changed the year to
reflect the upcoming year month/year for each cell. However, I am unable to
rename the cells to JAN08, FEB08, etc. How do I accomplish this?

Utimately, I would like to have a macro that would "set" certain information
to reflect the appropriate year. If you can provide a macro for renaming, I
will adjust the cell reference. You can use A1:A12 in your example. I would
also like to change the year in the new worksheet to the upcoming year, ie
2008 in each of the 12 budgets using the format JAN-YY for date entered
mm/dd/yyyy using a macro without having to FIND/REPLACE.

2) Each monthly budget has three commandbuttons associated with it. I
noticed that after I copied the worksheet and renamed the worksheet, ie 2008,
the code for the command buttons did not have to be adjusted to reflect a
different worksheet. I figure that the command buttons are grouped according
to worksheet and only reference the information on that worksheet unless
otherwise programmed. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Les