Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Minus AutoSum

Hi,

I know how to select cells and make a plus autosum (ex: 200 + 100 + 100 =
400). But I don't know how to make a minus autosum. (ex: 200 - 100 - 50 =
50).

Any help please?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

How about:

=A1-A2-A3

or

=200-100-50

Cheers!
Jean-Guy

"Emanuel Vella" wrote:

Hi,

I know how to select cells and make a plus autosum (ex: 200 + 100 + 100 =
400). But I don't know how to make a minus autosum. (ex: 200 - 100 - 50 =
50).

Any help please?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this

=200 - 100 - 50
=200 - (100 + 50)
Sum all memeber except the 1st. then subtracr from 1st member

=A1-(sum(A2:A100))

"Emanuel Vella" wrote:

Hi,

I know how to select cells and make a plus autosum (ex: 200 + 100 + 100 =
400). But I don't know how to make a minus autosum. (ex: 200 - 100 - 50 =
50).

Any help please?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi and thanks for the replies.

What I do is, I select for example A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 then I click on
formulas / autosum and it writes down automatically the answer in A6. But I
can do only the plus, now I want to do this with minus as well!

"Emanuel Vella" wrote:

Hi,

I know how to select cells and make a plus autosum (ex: 200 + 100 + 100 =
400). But I don't know how to make a minus autosum. (ex: 200 - 100 - 50 =
50).

Any help please?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Just don't see how that would be possible, consider this, you have 100 in
cell A1 and 50 in cell B1, now if you add A1+B1 you get 150, if you add B1+A1
you the same result, not the case when you substract, A1-B1 is 50 while B1-A1
is -50, excel would have no way to determine which number to substract from
which number, so the only way I see is to type the formula by hand =A1-B1 or
=B1-A1 depending on the result you want.

PS..I"m not an expert so this is just my opinion!

HTH
Jean-Guy

"Emanuel Vella" wrote:

Hi,

I know how to select cells and make a plus autosum (ex: 200 + 100 + 100 =
400). But I don't know how to make a minus autosum. (ex: 200 - 100 - 50 =
50).

Any help please?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In order to use Autosum for what you want, you'll have to key minus values
into the cells!

For example:
A1 = 100
A2 = -50
A3 = 25
A4 = -10

--
HTH,

RD

=
400). But I don't know how to make a minus autosum. (ex: 200 - 100 - 50

=
50).

Any help please?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the appropriate cell(s)!

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
In order to use Autosum for what you want, you'll have to key minus

values
into the cells!

For example:
A1 = 100
A2 = -50
A3 = 25
A4 = -10

--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-