Default Autosum box too big

We are trying to autosum on line 40, but the box that opens (with the
formula inside) is 3 rows high and very long, so it blocks out rows
39,40,41 as well as several columns wide. It's a pain in the neck
because it often blocks rows we want to select for the autosum.

Any reason it's so big and is there a way to change it? Thanks

~~Eric

Gord Dibben

Eric

Are you using the Autosum button from the toolbar? Just select from start
cell to end cell and hit the button.

Are you using the Function Wizard? It can be moved around out of the way.

Sounds like maybe you are summing many cells like =SUM(a1,a2,a3,a4,a5 etc.
and the formula bar is dropping down.

Post your method and formula.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP