Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Shortcut Key Delays

I've got a workbook open that has a whole lot going on in it- macros,
named ranges, etc. Why is it the shortcut keys (ctrl+c, ctrl+v, etc)
take a really long time to work when that other workbook is open? I'm
not using them in the complex workbook, just in another workbook while
the big one is open. Is there an option I can change to make this not
happen anymore?

My suspicion is that excel is going through every macro in all open
workbooks to see if ctrl+c is a the shortcut key assigned to one of
the 300 macros in the other workbooks. Does this sound reasonable?