Paul

Default Excel File Open Delays

In Office 2002s Excel and Word (under Windows XP Professional SP3) when
attempting to open a file (File Open Look in: <a different directory)
or close this sub window, a delay of 5 seconds or more occurs. The drive is
physically attached to the computer in use. Suggestions to speed up the
command are appreciated.
Dave Peterson

Do you have lots of files in that folder?

My guess is that the excel/word/windows is trying to get that list.

If you reorganize your files into various subfolders, it may get better.

(maybe????)

--

Dave Peterson
Paul

Thanks, I found the answer on General Office group. "Try disconnecting any
mapped network drives that are not currently available." by garfield-n-odie

While my files were on my system it had a mapped drive on a system that was
powered off .