Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help File - blank saying wrong URL

With almost any programme opened on my computer, but also including Excel,
when I open the Help tag, it shows the subjects OK on te left, but the screen
on the right is the same as on Internet explorer when it cannot find an URL -
if I right click for properties, it shows t wrong URL but there does not seem
to be anyway to change this. all the addresses it tries to find are shown
below - it is the first part of it that is wrong, up to the # sign - any
ideas about what I can do to change this for all my programmes?

res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm#mk:@MSITStoC:\Program%20Files\Micr osoft%20Office\Office10\1033\olmain10.chm::/html/OLstart.htm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, I had similar problem so you might try this. Open ms internet explorer
and drop down the tools menu. Click on Internet Options. In the options
window click on the advanced tab at the top right. Scroll down through the
options to the security section near the end. Check the box that says 'Allow
active content to run in files on my comuter'. Then restart your computer.
That did it for me. Good Luck

"Bish" wrote:

With almost any programme opened on my computer, but also including Excel,
when I open the Help tag, it shows the subjects OK on te left, but the screen
on the right is the same as on Internet explorer when it cannot find an URL -
if I right click for properties, it shows t wrong URL but there does not seem
to be anyway to change this. all the addresses it tries to find are shown
below - it is the first part of it that is wrong, up to the # sign - any
ideas about what I can do to change this for all my programmes?

res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm#mk:@MSITStoC:\Program%20Files\Micr osoft%20Office\Office10\1033\olmain10.chm::/html/OLstart.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, Thanks, but I have now tried that and it does not work for me. I was on
IE6 but have now put on IE7, but this has not changed the problem. For
whatever reason every help file looks for a URL on my computer with the wrong
begining. I am sure that it is simple to fix if someone knows what they are
doing, but unfortunatley I do not - any more suggestions would be gratefully
received. Bish