Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How could I create a two point lookup?

I have a series of tables that are based on product specific numbers on the
y-axis, and month/date combos on the x-axis.

How can I do a lookup that will so that I could find Product A's datapoint
for a specific month?

(essentially looking up the product number and then month and finding the
datapoint where the cross section one another)

Any suggestions?

thanks so much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Chase" wrote in message
I have a series of tables that are based on product specific numbers on the
y-axis, and month/date combos on the x-axis.

How can I do a lookup that will so that I could find Product A's datapoint
for a specific month?

(essentially looking up the product number and then month and finding the
datapoint where the cross section one another)

Any suggestions?

thanks so much.

Have a look he
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/lookups.htm#DoubleLookup