-   -   How could I create a two point lookup? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166360-how-could-i-create-two-point-lookup.html)

Chase

How could I create a two point lookup?

I have a series of tables that are based on product specific numbers on the
y-axis, and month/date combos on the x-axis.

How can I do a lookup that will so that I could find Product A's datapoint
for a specific month?

(essentially looking up the product number and then month and finding the
datapoint where the cross section one another)

Any suggestions?

thanks so much.

Stephen[_2_]

"Chase" wrote in message
I have a series of tables that are based on product specific numbers on the
y-axis, and month/date combos on the x-axis.

How can I do a lookup that will so that I could find Product A's datapoint
for a specific month?

(essentially looking up the product number and then month and finding the
datapoint where the cross section one another)

Any suggestions?

thanks so much.

Have a look he
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/lookups.htm#DoubleLookup