Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Importing data from excell to access.

When im on my database i go 'file', 'get external data' , 'import' i change
it to microsoft access and try to import my spreadsheet. I get an erro come
up.

Sayin 'The wizard is unable to acces the information in (location of
documnet).xls. Please check the file exists and is in the correct format...

Well it does exists and the format is xls... is that the correct format??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I hope you meant to say, in your first sentence that you change the import
setting to Microsoft Excel (not Access). If that is true, it should work.

This error message may be an Access best-guess at some other actual problem.
Make sure that you have permissions to read from the location of the Excel
file.

Also, as part of troubleshooting, you might consider opening the Excel file
and making sure that the sheet you wish to import from is the first sheet in
the workbook. Although you should be able to choose from the sheets and even
named ranges on them for importing, this would set up the workbook to 'offer'
the sheet as first choice.

What versions of Excel and Access are you using, are the files on a single
system or are they on a network?

"Tobes" wrote:

When im on my database i go 'file', 'get external data' , 'import' i change
it to microsoft access and try to import my spreadsheet. I get an erro come
up.

Sayin 'The wizard is unable to acces the information in (location of
documnet).xls. Please check the file exists and is in the correct format...

Well it does exists and the format is xls... is that the correct format??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ye i did mean that i change it to excell :P , the info is on the first sheet,
but also doesnt give me a choice of sheets anyway.. also both the inforation
is stored on the same hardrive in the same macheine.

Im using Microsoft Acess 97 SR-1 , and Microsoft Excel 2002 (10.4302.4219)
SP-2

Would that be causing the problem? if so is there anyway around it?