Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default In relation to macros

I have recorded a macro and i wish to keep the keyboard shortcut as ctrl C. I
have recorded keeping the short key as ctrl Q. Kindly help how can i change
it?

Second thing once i click record macro excel is not asking for relative
reference option. Kindly help how can i get that as well.

Thanks
Boss
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To assign/re-assign shortcuts:
ALT-F8 Options

(I like CNTRL-e and CNTRL-f because I use CNTRL-c for copy)

To get that relative button:

View Toolbars Visual Basic
BEFORE you start recording

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200754

"Boss" wrote:

I have recorded a macro and i wish to keep the keyboard shortcut as ctrl C. I
have recorded keeping the short key as ctrl Q. Kindly help how can i change
it?

Second thing once i click record macro excel is not asking for relative
reference option. Kindly help how can i get that as well.

Thanks
Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi James

you may need the Stop Recording Toolbar as well.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200754

"Boss" wrote:

I have recorded a macro and i wish to keep the keyboard shortcut as ctrl
C. I
have recorded keeping the short key as ctrl Q. Kindly help how can i
change
it?

Second thing once i click record macro excel is not asking for relative
reference option. Kindly help how can i get that as well.

Thanks
Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Okay, thanks! I will check on that. Relative addressing sounds like a
really bad idea to me. Guess it works for some people. I tend to like
things to be absolute (which is probably why I like Excel to begin with!).
But I don't want to miss out on anything!
Regards,

"Boss" wrote:

I have recorded a macro and i wish to keep the keyboard shortcut as
ctrl
C. I
have recorded keeping the short key as ctrl Q. Kindly help how can i
change
it?

Second thing once i click record macro excel is not asking for
relative
reference option. Kindly help how can i get that as well.

Thanks
Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's not so much personal preference that should determine whether you use
absolute or relative addressing; it should be the application requirements.
It is quite typical to have both code and worksheet functions that make a use
of a combination of both addressing methods. Consider:
=VLOOKUP(A1,'Sheet2'!$A$5:$AA$10000,13,False)
The table needs to be absolutely addressed so that when the formula is
filled down the sheet, that lookup table reference doesn't change, but
similarly, the item to be looked up, in A1 initially, needs to be relatively
addressed so that the row reference will increase as the formula is filled
down the sheet.

Function quite often dictates design.