Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formulas not calculating - Calculation is on Automatic & I pressed

Hi there,
Have a bunch of formulas not calculating. I had the calculation switched to
manual because this spreadsheet uses a GL interface into Oracle, and I didn't
want it refreshing all the time. I switched it back to automatic, pressed
F9, clicked calculate now and clicked calculate sheet. Its still not
calculating. Any ideas?

not an excel novice, but have hit this problem several times, this sheet is
just much bigger. If I go to the cell, hit F2 and enter, it "refreshes" the
formula and then it calcs. any help would be greatly appreciated!!
--
dano
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Consider limiting the amount of formulas in your worksheet. Excel
keeps track of your formula relationships, so if you have too many,
Excel cannot keep up.

Also check out these sites:
http://j-walk.com/ss//excel/usertips/tip063.htm
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ffice.10).aspx

HTH,
JP

On Nov 6, 6:10 pm, dano wrote:
Hi there,
Have a bunch of formulas not calculating. I had the calculation switched to
manual because this spreadsheet uses a GL interface into Oracle, and I didn't
want it refreshing all the time. I switched it back to automatic, pressed
F9, clicked calculate now and clicked calculate sheet. Its still not
calculating. Any ideas?

not an excel novice, but have hit this problem several times, this sheet is
just much bigger. If I go to the cell, hit F2 and enter, it "refreshes" the
formula and then it calcs. any help would be greatly appreciated!!
--
dano

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The imported data may not be numerical.

Hitting F2 + ENTER helps Excel refresh.

One method to try is select all cells then EditReplace

What: =

With: =

Replace all.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP